After completing this class, you will be able to understand the nature of fire, recognize fire hazards, learn about early warning systems, understand the use of fire extinguishers, focus on evacuation needs of residents, follow the CBRF emergency and disaster plan, and respond well in an emergency. After successfully taking this class, students will be CBRF certified in Fire Safety.
- Training must be completed in order to meet the training requirements per DHS 83
- DHS 83 guidelines and requirements
- How to identify and respond to fire emergencies
- Learn about fire (its properties, causes, etc.)
- Evacuation procedures
- Other emergencies also covered (tornados, hurricanes, flooding)